Saturday, December 12, 2009

I am thinking of getting a printer/scanner combined. what make has the cheapest replacement ink cartridges?

lexmark, well it%26#039;s not too cheap but it does it all|||I recently got a brother, had lexmark for years, was paying over $70.00 for a replacement of each and it never lasted long, now with the brother, not only does the ink last, and last, but can buy 9-10 cartridges on ebay for around $25.00 S%26amp;H included, huge savings.|||I can%26#039;t tell you which make has the cheapest replacements, however I can tell you that Epson printers drink ink like a vampire drinks blood (VERY FAST).





I have an Epson all in one CX3600 and have regretted it since the day i bought it. I replaced the colours 6 months ago and they are empty already - I have done NO COLOUR PRINTING - I simply keep the colours there so I can clean the ink head when it becomes clogged. You see Epson have fixed their printers to that you cannot clean the ink head without all the inks being in there - thus when colours run out, you cannot clean it just to rectify black printing not being clear.





While the generic replacements are about 拢5 each (a lot if your unemployed like me) they are a lot cheaper than Epsons own inks.





Personally, I would use a HP printer like a deskjet 720. The colours in those last over a year and have a seperate ink head so you can still clean the black ink head if the colours are empty. Admittedly I have a Deskjet 930C from a boot sale here which I%26#039;ve not tested so I%26#039;ve probably shot myself in the foot continuing to use the Epson all in one.





I would personally recommend a HP all in one or a Cannon all in one. Before I got my Epson (Never again) I wanted to get the Cannon MP360. On ebuyer.com it had 22 5 star reviews making it one of the best ranking printers they had for sale at the time. There have been newer models since the MP360 so I would recommend something in that range to be honest. I don%26#039;t know about ink costs though.





My final word of warning: Avoid Epson at all costs - Or they will take your money for replacement ink and cost you!





EDIT: I have just looked on ebay (after reading the other replies above mine) and they do indeed have cheap compatible replacement cartridges for my printer. The chances are they will also have cheap compatibles for whatever you buy too. Either way I still do not recommend Epson (no matter how cheap the replacements are) purely for the speed at which they can empty ink cartridges.





J|||my Epsom works great with cheap copy%26#039;s from various Internet companIEs,ie Epsom 拢28 copy 拢3-50,works as well and as long.|||I believe Canon and HP have the cheapest.|||I%26#039;ve been going to #1_inkjet, however, I only go to generics after the printer%26#039;s warranty has expired.|||the scanner has nothing to do with the printer. The scanner takes no ink at all. Look at the type of printer you are going to buy and then look at the ink replacments for that one.they can sometimes cost more for the ink as the , itself printer.I have found out that the cheap ones,, which I have,,cost around $50.00 to replace both refills.Thats more that I payed for my Printer/ scanner.


Hope this helps|||i have an epsom scanner photocopier printer etc it uses single ink cartrages that can cost as little as 拢5 each for genuine or less for copies. if you in uk then goto comet to buy it and pay extra 拢20 for insurance for 3 years it is an anything happens policy if your printer cloggs or stops function in 3 years for any reason they replace it free|||I have a have just bought a Canon Prixma MP510, which has a 4 cartridge system Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, the cartridges are pretty large and the normal price is around 拢10 Black and 拢8 colour, I think this is a pretty good set up, I have had a similar iP3000, normal printer for a while and am very happy with it. Another good point is the large cartridges are easy to refill if you want to save money that way, or you could try www.inkclub.com , they do cheap cartridges normally the originals and a copy. I also find that the Canon software is very good as well, One last thing some of the newer printers now hold as many as 8 cartridges so I would ask a lot of questions before you commit, good luck.|||Friend of mine bought a Lexmark...says the INK is very inexpensive!!|||Epson. Go with units that have the 6 seperate cartridges. I%26#039;ve been getting replacement sets on eBay for about $1.50 per cartidge and the print quality is great.|||i had a cx4600 epson printer and it drank ink like crazy.I have a epson cx5800f and it dont use ink like the old one did.The cheaper make printer used more.The ink for this one is fairly cheap and there are only four ink cartridges.It prints like a dream.Cost around 150.Scan,fax,print,copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment