Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why do people continue to use printers that use ink cartridges, when a laser printer is cheaper.?

I can understand why they would for photos, but I don%26#039;t think they are good if you just need to print out something and color doesn%26#039;t matter. I used to have a Ink jet printer and I was going though Ink every three months. I tried to use the refill kits, but they were not the same quality as the name brand ink cartridges. I bought a laser printer a year ago, and its still on the original cartridge. The laser printer prints out about 1,000 pages before it runs out of Toner. I havn%26#039;t even had to buy any toner cartridges, since I gotten the laser printer. The Toner cartridges that you buy at the store print out about 3,000-5,000 pages depending on what toner cartridge you buy. People say they are really expensive, usually $100-$150 a Toner cartridge, I would have already spent this much this year if I still had the ink jet printer. I can%26#039;t imagine how much I would save if I bought a Toner that I saw at the store that prints $5000 pages for $135. Laser printers are also not the expensive.|||If you print that much at all, that is.





For someone who prints just a few pages a day, inkjets make a lot of sense. Lower initial investments and all that.





A couple more things: inkjets use little power if any. Laser printer needs a lot of power for the fuser, and even the %26quot;instant-on%26quot; fusers need a few seconds to warm up.





Also, research in Australia shows that laser printers emits microparticles that MAY have health effects. Not to mention ozone. No emissions from an inkjet.

No comments:

Post a Comment